The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Monday, September 5, 2011

Earthquakes, Hurricane's and A broken camera oh my!

First of all , I can't believe I have been gone for almost a month!  Ooooo no I didn't!  It's been crazy! Earthquakes, Hurricanes and a broken camera! Yep!  a broken Camera,  RIP cannon baby ( insert the sounds of Taps playing here ) You were my faithful side kick for many years.  So in the mean time, I am using  one of those small easyshare cameras. It's actually really nice and 14 mega pixels! Amazing . Well lets get started, I have a lot to update you on! And a big thank you to you all for hanging in there with me! I also want to give a big WELCOME to my new followers, you are most welcome to the cottage!


We had a earthquake here at the Cottage! Let me tell you it scared the Red right out of my hair! No joke ! I have a few white hairs to prove it!  We have not had one here in 100 years! And I am ok if we don't have another one for another 100! I really don't know how people in California do it. Its been a few weeks now and we are still having aftershocks ( I can do without those also).  We didn't have any house damage thank goodness!  That being said, when it was over ...lots of stuff was in the floor.



Broken Angels

BOO!!

Now Onto the Hurricane.  The day after the Earthquake we left for the beach! Yeah!  My Hubby and I were celebrating our 15th Anniversary.  We knew we were taking a chance, because Irene was making her way up the coast. So we decided to go and make the best of it.  We had 2 beautiful days...Yep 2..lol
Then, we decided to leave early 4am!!!  on friday. I am glad we did, because we had no traffic all the way home and later we found out the area had been evacuated! and traffic was at a stand still.  The crazy part about all this is, My husband and I were sent home early on our honeymoon 15 years ago, because of a hurricane! What are the chance's? Oh well, you have to laugh these things off.  We had 2 beautiful days of bliss!




 Love, hugs and kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment