The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crock pots and Pork chops

- My Crock Pot took a dirt nap!! Well I am not surprised, I had  it for 15 years! and before that it was my Mom's. So I would say it had a long life.  But, the good news is,  I got myself a new one.  If your in the market for one and You have a Aldi , get in the car now!!!! and go go go! they have them for 19.99!!! CrAzY !!!!  Crazy good that is. Here's a picture of my pretty new baby!

7 Quart and a 2 year warranty...


easy clean up


-I love that you can remove it from it's base to put in the dish washer! I know, I know, these have been around for quite sometime, but my old one did not do this.....and I am so excited that this one does!  Hey it's the little things in life right?....lol

- I will be breaking it in this Saturday , We are having Ranch house pork chops with parmesan mashed potatoes.

Yummy!



Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
5 Tablespoons real butter
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic (directions are below)
1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I used skim)
1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste
Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, Parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.
Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. I put a little parsley on top to serve.
Roasted Garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside. One garlic bulb will have around 12 cloves.

- You can find the recipe for this over at Real Mom Kitchen     click here http://realmomkitchen.com/287/ranch-house-crock-pot-pork-chops-with-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/

-Pork Chops will never be boring again!  After I make this, I 'll let you know, how we liked them!
-Have a great day Sweeties! oxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment