The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Money saving Chalk Boards ( another expensive catalog do it yourself)

Hello Everyone, I have another expensive catalog money saving , do it yourself. This will save you tons of money.  And you will have extra paint left over for other projects.

So let's start with the expensive catalog version: These range from 69.00 to 399.99 !!!!!



So the first thing I did was start looking around the goodwill and thrift store for a frame with good bones. You can paint the frame whatever color suits you. My Idea was to paint it white, but after looking at it for awhile I left it alone. However, nothing says I won't go back and do it.  I found this frame at the goodwill. It had a mirror in it with yellow sunflowers painted on it. The cost was 3.99 . I didn't need the mirror, so I went out to my car and popped it out and returned it to the goodwill as a donation. And in return they gave me a 20% coupon for my next purchase. Score! 

Starting project
-You can use any frame that suits you
- If your frame has no backing or you need to pop out a old picture, just paint the wall behind it with roll on chalkboard paint , and hang your picture over it.
Can of chalk
board paint, first time I used it in a can
- Chalkboard paint 3.69

first step


it took two coats of paint

- Let the first coat dry, then add another
Finished product


In it's place, still wondering if I should paint it white
- Final cost for my project about 7.00......savings from expensive catalog 62.99- 392.99 and that's not counting shipping!


-You will have some left over paint, that you can use for other projects. 
- Here are some ideas



http://www.plaidonline.com/polka-dot-chalkboard-flower-pots/3647/project.htm


This is from http://www.scissorsandspatulas.com


love this


Skys the limit, Have fun oxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment