The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tomato Pie part 2

before going into the oven

fresh out of the oven
We had Tomato pie for dinner again! Yummy, But this time I tried a recipe from Southern living magazine. Well folks,  I am hear to tell you...it truly was the best I have ever had! My husband loved it and my 6 year old asked for seconds. What's great about this recipe is . It's meatless, so it saves you $$$$. the cost of meat is rising. Also, tomato are in season right now, for most of us here in the south we are growing them in our back yards.  Here are some pictures of the before it went in the oven and when it came out.






-Southern living recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tomato-pie-50400000114511/





No comments:

Post a Comment