The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recycling and Repurposing in the garden.

Cucumbers growing on a old metal baby crib spring. Rescued from the Goodwill. It's the perfect fit!
 Garden season, I love it! But that has not always been the case. After many years of fighting with this Virginia red clay, I just about gave up on ever having a garden. Then I discovered container gardening and raised beds.



 I have several of these blue feed containers that my Father in law (aka Papa) gave me. Feed or salt blocks come in them for his cattle. So, I repurposed them for growing my tomatoes and bell peppers.

Tomatoes growing in a old feed container. look at the size of that plant!


another look at the baby crib box spring
The Great part about raised beds and containers is there is very little weeding.  I love the square foot gardening  technique. You can grow so much in a small amount of space.  www.squarefootgardening.com

No comments:

Post a Comment