The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Friday, June 24, 2011

Previously Enjoyed

I think she looks beautiful in her new home
For months I had been looking for a new dresser for my bedroom. It's very hard to find something that would tie in with My cottage theme. We ended up buying a dresser from one of those Big furniture places, where you get the stock number and load it yourself! Big mistake, I drove one and half hours to get it and back. Just to find out it was not all in the box! To make a long!!! story short. 2 days later and many hours spent on the road, it went back! Not to mention it was made out of particle board. So, I have clothes everywhere now and no dresser! And my wise husband says, " why don't you get something older?" This is where you insert the sound of crickets in the back ground! Geez, why didn't I think of that. I am not sure where my head had been for those few months. I always try to buy things that I can repurpose or recycle! I found this beauty 5 miles down the road in a consignment shop. It's very old and someone had already did all the heavy work painting it! It has lasted all these years, I am sure it will last me. Now she is old ( yes the dresser is a She, I am sick like that, lol) She needed a little wax so the drawers would open easily, and the drawer pulls needed tightening up. I suppose if we were this old, we would need a little tightening up too. Did I mention, The money I saved, more than half the price of the big store dresser.

one drawer pull does not match, but that's ok.

I didn't notice till I got home with it, one of the drawer pulls does not match. But I am ok with that!

I love that it is built to last!

No comments:

Post a Comment