The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chalk it up, the many uses of Chalk Board Paint

Start with this
- I have had an obsession for a few years now. There are so many great ways to use it.  It comes in many colors, brands and you can choose spray or paint can. For me, I like the paint can and I pretty much stay with basic black. You can pick it up at any Wal-mart or Home Depot.

D-This is one of two pots that I painted. 

- Just a quick coat of paint, it dries super fast

Write what you want!
--The kids write I love you Mommy or Daddy on it
-you could put your house number on it
-welcome a visitor 
-give this as  a house warming gift, with herbs in it and the new home owners house number.

out front I have 2
-other uses for chalk board paint
-This is a frame I have had lying around for awhile
- My idea is to put it on a wall with chalk board paint behind it like the picture below!
-The possibilities are endless

I saw some glasses like these for sale at a local home store, the price was crazy! you can do this yourself with some tape ( to use as a outline) and paint. No more markers on plastic cups to keep everyones drinks straight.
cute idea!

love this
- other uses
- picture frames
- I  used it on top of my kids activity table and the back of our garage door.


- Have fun, let me know what you come up with.

2 comments:

  1. Neato! I just picked up a new flower pot the other day so I could paint it red and put the plant's name on it, haha, just like your "hi" pot :) I need to pick up some of that blackboard paint too, esp. when Asher starts to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I did the same thing with some lavender ...in purple chalk :)

    ReplyDelete