The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

The Strawberry Blonds Cottage

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eating healthy on a budget?

I have been saying for years to go to Aldi . Get everything you need and save big.  I want to show you some of the healthy stuff I got today. Than I'll tell you the price. Read this...http://consumerist.com/2011/03/aldi-is-trader-joes-for-the-rest-of-us.html




All of this on the table was 60.00 and some change! Apples, pears, strawberries, 2 bags of carrots, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, 3 minestrone soup, salsa, hummus, 3 yogurt, eggs, Raisin bread, granola, 100 calorie packs ( choc chip, and cheese cracker) 2 fit and lean turkey tubs, pickles, pretzel tub, 2 boxes lean pockets, 3 boxes lean meals, sugar free jello, sugar free creamer, thin wheat crackers, fat free pudding, trail mix packets, Bananas, 2 cans tuna, dried berries, granola, cheese fish crackers.

my total bill was 115.05 with the rest of this stuff............

I also purchased a ham, ciabatta bread, hotdog buns, Hamburger buns, tortilla chips, baked chips, 2 boxes of quick bread (banana and cinnamon) a box of muffin mix, cheese puffs, frozen pizza, chicken patties, white castle cheeseburgers ,mini corn dogs, lasagna, 2 packages lunch cheese cheddar, apple sauce, 2 frozen apple juice, sandwich baggies, vegetable oil, and round and square storage containers. 

I did my meat shopping last week. You can get everything meat wise at Aldi also. They have a money back guarantee, so if you don't like it, you have lost nothing. So far I have liked everything I have tried. 





No comments:

Post a Comment